Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 983 - Off the heels of a two a day and a day of rest from work...

I blasted a good strong 1,296 calorie burn in one hour with 18 hours and thirty minutes of rest in between yesterday's two hour workout. Can I get an Amen? It has now come down to 16 days.

Thanks to yesterday's two sixty minute workouts I am now at 987 workouts in the last 983 days. I know at this point getting a work out in on Thanksgiving will be a challenge. I need to explore some options to get it done.

I am always looking ways to find motivation. Finding that spark is the key to feeding the fire. The key to continuing on this line is to enjoy it. I look around in the gym and I see people talking to one another people with headphones on and people reading. It all appears at least to me that they wish to be distracted form what they are doing. That is fine, who am I to judge. I believe there in lies the challenge to all. Question why the desire to be distracted? Why except the challenge and attack. No one said getting in shape was going to easy. Also, no one said working out and challenging yourself is not fun. That is of course, you did.

I find it a challenge to understand why any competitive person would not enjoy the challenge.

Vince Lombardi once said in regards to meeting a challenge, every person deep down inside wants and loves a challenge.

Tomorrow we meet a new day and we go for 1300+ calories to be burned in an hour.
That challenge is Day 984!

No comments:

Post a Comment