Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 1007- Let's do two! There is a tremendous amount to be Thankful for

In honor of the holiday, which is today. I will show my appreciation for the strength that God has given me by working out for 2 hours today. I feel great and enjoy God's blessing. The gym opens at 8 am and I have the day off. Later in the day, I will be sitting more than standing so I mind as well be as active as I can when I can.

Life has a lot of subtle blessings if we take the time to look. I imagine there are a lot of people bustling around on this Thanksgiving morning getting prepared for the day's activities. The activities all center around eating and sitting. The traditional way in which this day is celebrated.

I on the other hand have a different thought process. You see I am an advocate for a healthy life style. An active way of carrying on the day by use of a good amount of energy.

In addition to movement I also have come to realize that the foods we eat aid in how we move or don't move. I chose foods that are non traditional. I tend to eat foods that have very little fat content and are water soluble. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains is my base diet. I have come to enjoy these foods and include them in my meals and celebrations.

You may think I am weird, or worse rude, but that is what I enjoy at this time in my life. A very healthy diet and a lot of exercise.

One other thing I have come to notice is the way people handle stress. What are the choices. Feeling no stress, eating a lot of unhealthy foods that offer temporary comfort, drinking alcohol or smoking. Those are all stress reducers that offer bad side effects especially for people who are older than 25 years of age. The body in my opinion has a great ability to bounce back when we beat it up at a younger age than it does when we age. I think we all know that.

Question? So why do we do it? Why to eat and partake in activities that hurt our bodies? That is a story for another day.

The clocks ticking I am psyched for the extra play time ......

Awesome, did 2 hours and burned 2,549 calories. I wish I could do that every day! Oh what a feeling! Did a few crunches, around 400. I wonder what is hard to change the action or the attitude toward the action? Example, let us assume someone does not like to do something that they know they should be doing. However, they eventually start doing what they should be doing, that's great! Although they really do not like doing it. You see their action completely changed but their attitude about doing it only partially changed. So, in my opinion it is harder to change the attitude than the action.

If there are changes that need to be made, it starts first, with attitude. Only two things determine our attitudes; what we think about and how we feel about what we think about. The great news is, we have control over each!

Day 1008 and work out number 1015 lie in wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment