Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 997- The title of the blog is ......

I love to workout. Really? Why do you love to workout? That is a great question. It is almost like a who do you love question, and why? What does all this activity do for you and do you like it, I mean love it.

As I decide on my reasons why I love to workout, I am reminded of simple ways to identify my reasons for any action. They are emotional reasons, logical reasons and reasons to avoid a specific action.

Everyday I wake up and with a passion and desire that is almost indescribable I get out of bed and put on my workout clothes and head out the door to the gym. When I get in the gym I head for a machine and so it begins. Yes, another workout. The body just loves it. The emotions start running high when I make those first few hard strides. The resistance is either strong or weak depending on how hard I stride after about ten minutes I start to sweat. It is right about that time that I start to lose track on anything else but the goal. The numbers start to add in my head and I envision a certain number of calories I will burn. I just love that aspect of the workout.

It is so awesome to feel yourself getting more strength as you go. I can sense that this going take a great effort and I am up to the challenge.

So why do I love to workout?

  • the challenge
  • the reward
  • the anticipation of something good happening
  • the way the body reacts to the activity
  • the mental feel of relaxation despite, the strenuous movement
You all that to me, spells love!

Today, I burned 1263 calories in the hour. Now that is awesome when you take into account that I did that on 19 hours and 55 minutes of rest in between my last workout.

We are ready to hit the town. Only 3 days left until we ARRIVE!

As always the next day is a huge part of that----998-----


No comments:

Post a Comment