Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 890 - It is a splendid morning

A nice Saturday morning.Again with low humidity. Hallelujah! The morning's coolness gives one a chance to feel the difference between the morning, day and night. You can feel the pressure in the atmosphere being lifted. I feel truly blessed that God has given me these simple abilities to enjoy these feelings.

Today, is my 890 TH consecutive day of attempting to do a cardiovascular workout of 60 or more minutes. I have succeeded in the last 889 days. I have completed 892 workouts within that span of time. I am presently 110 days away from reaching a milestone of 1,000 consecutive days of doing that type of workout. I have been using the arc trainer for the last 183 days. I began using the arc trainer on January 28TH. prior to that I was doing my 60 minute workouts using the Life cycle bike. I felt awesome using it. However, the machine could not hold without breaking. In an effort to keep the gym I was using satisfied I decided to start using the arc trainer. So far no complaints. However, I do wish there were more "available" machines that worked the way I like.

Almost ready to take a hack at day 890. I am excited about the challenge!
recently.
It was indeed a great challenge. A challenge that I enjoyed immensely. I thank God that he gave me strength to take part in it.

As I got on the machine at around 7 am I had a determination that I would burn a significant amount more calories within the hour than I had in the previous days. My determination held up as I burned 1393 calories in the hour. The 1393 is the most I have burned since day 884 when I burned 1420. Why the drop off? I believe it has a decent to do with the time of the morning. I want my body to feel loose enough to burn 1400+ but in that time frame of 530 to 630 it has not recently.

As I strived to hit that 1400 calorie burn total for the hour a thought kept going through my mind. As I worked out it kept getting louder it said "if you wish to be great, then study greatness. What does that mean? It well it meant to me learn what greatness does and then learn from how they do great things. It allowed me to keep my focus on the amount of energy I needed to put into the challenge of 1400 burn per hour I was chasing. I chased it hard but I just could not catch it. That is OK by me today because it allowed me to try as hard as I could to attain the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment