Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 886 - Second beautiful morning in as many days

With my early rising I was reminded of a thought. A simple question. It is true experience is usually the best teacher.....But, is the price usually too high? I challenge a few examples to prove that the yes response to that question.A hot stove that is touched by a toddler unaware of its danger. Playing with matches at a young age. Driving reckless. Running with scissors. Very pricey indeed. I am sure there are millions of experiences that do not nearly kill us that we can all be taught. But by and large I would say experience is the best teacher but the price is usually too high.

However, that should never stop our eagerness to learn from everything we do. I believe in a simple concept of plan, do and review. Real simple where are we going and how will we get there. Then, go. When we get there ask, "next time how can we get there faster? Also ask, how did we do?

Everyday, as I have traveled on this journey I am constantly asking, what can I do to improve on the day before performance?

The record for calories burned in 60 minutes is 1510 I have it documented. It occurred while I was on the arc trainer in area 3. The date was April 10Th 2010. Day 778- Workout 781 in 778 days.

I will continue to find a way to beat that number. I will gain inspiration from Roger Bannister the first person to break the 4 minute mile!

Today I got at the machine at one of the earliest times ever. The time was 5:07 am and I burned 1329 calories during the magic hour or hour of power.


No comments:

Post a Comment