Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 869- The joy of accomplishment!

Give you an example of what benefits there are in working out and eating healthy, consider this. On November 4Th 2009 the day the Yankees won their 27TH World Championship I was told by my doctor that my cholesterol overall numbers were at 217. I was shocked. I thought I was doing ever thing correct. I had been exercising everyday and I thought I was eating very healthy. Well, evidently not. So I took this less than positive report as an opportunity to test my desire to lower my cholesterol. The doctor said, " we will test you after the holidays to see if your overall numbers come down. We all know the holidays is when most people eat the most. So I said to myself this is a great time to test my thoughts on how to lower cholesterol. The doctor said if we do not see a positive change you should go on medicine to lower your cholesterol.

You see right there I realized where most of society was. I decided to reconsider the foods I eat and I asked my self why? Why do I choose to eat the foods I do? I thought my choices were decided on health. I thought the reason for working out up to that day 621 of consecutive days were to be healthy. So I made a decision on the foods I was going to eat. Notice I said I made a decision. I wanted to eat healthy food. Taste was not a priority.So I said any thing that offers saturated fat that will turn into cholesterol is out.

Well if you realize that the main stream does not offer too many foods that fit that criteria. Although there are plenty of foods that do you just have to decide to find them.

As you can start to get the picture I found them I eat only them and I lowered my cholesterol down to 171 according to my last test.

So to summarize, from Day 621 to day 865 a total of 244 days I dropped my overall cholesterol down from 217 to 171 without MEDICINE!

Folks, do not do what everyone else does if it is not healthy for you.

Now, I am off to the gym to sharpen the saw.

I would like to think that I did. By burning 1434 calories in the hour I burn 46 more in the hour than yesterday. Yesterday my burn was 1388 in the hour. Today since I had a few extra minutes I did 530 crunches. After stretching I felt great! I hope the saw, which is me was sharpened by those activities.

1 comment:

  1. John,

    What a wonderful and inspirational story. I have a similiar problem in that I work out every day for at least an hour but am having trouble losing weight. Cholesterol is fine. I guess I am blessed with some good genes? Whatever. I'd rather be a hottie and take Lipitor every day :-))) Thats not happening! Anyway good to know there are like minds out there. Ron says hello! Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete