Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 891- It is another beautiful morning

We have been blessed with three consecutive days of refreshing mornings. As we begin the 30Th month of this incredible journey. I once heard someone say if we were all of the attitude of the sundial we would be in a much better place. The better place would be mentally. So if we all just would record the sunny times in our lives are attitudes of mind would be much brighter and the world would be much more righter. Was it Zig Ziglar who said the future is so bright I need to put sunglasses on?

As I sit here posting it is 751 AM. A far cry from usual week day schedule of a completed workout by 7 AM. Regardless, I am presently enjoying the break and I hope my calorie burn within the hour will reflect that rest. Please keep in mind that I usually get a 24 hour break between workouts. Since it is now approaching 25 hours since my last workout my legs have been given a chance to get some strength back. It is interesting how I enjoy today's break but tomorrow I compensate for it by resting less than 24 hours before the next workout. My schedule today is to have a completed workout prior to going into work.

As of July 5TH I have been working about 8 hours every day. Today, is the 27TH straight day. From May 31 ST to July 4Th I worked at least 8 hours a day for a total of 33 days. My plan is to take next Sunday August 8TH off from work. The span of days will be again 33 days.

I like to call it my 33 day work week. I am beginning to focus hard on loosening up to get after Day 891. The pace and the early burst is the key. A good thrust of power in the first 5 to 10 minutes is the key. Quick question. What part of the journey does a rocket ship burn the most fuel? Is it the beginning, middle or end?

The answer is the beginning in fact a rocket ship uses half of it fuel getting off the ground and launching. Try to remember that as you begin your day. You need to focus and get excited about the day so you can make the most of your day your workout or anything you attempt to do. Preparation is vital. Get psyched! Get fueled and blastoff!


After the workout I weighed in a little lighter than usual I am wondering if that may have affected my calorie burn. I certainly used a good amount of energy to burn 1385 in the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment