Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 678- Open up the gate now close the gate




Yes, the curtain is coming down on another year. In year's past I always kept track of what percentage of days I worked out. Sometimes it was 80 % other years it was 75%. This year I batted a freakin 100%.In fact, I had a few days added to the normal 365 days ! I worked out 370 times this year. Yep, did 370 60 minute or more cardio workouts- Can I get an AMEN?

Okay, today is a good challenge the snow is flying not only that it is sticking. So here I go looking to wrap up the year with more workout. Auld Lang Syne !

Although the back was a little testy I blasted through with a good workout to end the year. I sure wish I was able to do more but I am somewhat content with the results. I have established another streak and am curious to see how long I can hold it. I the last 30 minute intervals of riding I have averaged at least a burn of 450 calories. This goes back to Day 675 a total 8 intervals of 30 minute time slots where at least 450 calories were burned. That is awesome!

Today I got off to a great start and burned 161 in first 10 minutes then another 161 in next 10 and by the time 30 minutes had passed I burned 470 calories. In 40 minutes I burned 620 calories. In the final 20 minutes I burned 301 calories. All total to a solid 921 calories burned in 60 minutes.

I usually get some blinding guiding insight while riding especially when the flood of endorphins come in. But today was just a steadfast focus on hitting each level to keep the pace of 15 to 16 calories burned per minute.

Although, I did have a strong desire to do a load of crunches but that vanished once I got a little twinge in my back. My belief is that I have some sort of body ache that has settled in one dopey part of my back and it just needs to pass through- AMEN!

Tomorrow we shoot for 679. Day 1 of year 2010-Also, go for the 9Th 30 minute interval of burning 450 calories or MORE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment