Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 667- "Tell them I said something do not let it end this way"


Yes, in answer to your question that is Pancho Villa the famous Mexican Revolutionary general. Lore has it that as he was dying these were his last words. That said after digging myself out I am anxious to get to the gym and get the work out done prior to work.
However, slight challenge I called the gym and there was no answer. I am on my way now to the gym-
As fate would have it, it took a few more steps to get to a place to workout. Upon my arrival at the gym I am a member of I found out it was closed. However, I was extremely determined to keep the streak arrive. So I started to think of other places I could go to workout.
The first place that popped in my mind was the local YMCA. For some reason I had a flashback to a time when there was considerable snow on the ground and a lot of businesses had not opened yet, but the YMCA in my town was open and clear of snow.
Praise the LORD! Such was the case on this day. I drove up to their parking lot saw that snow was cleared off from the parking area as well as the walk leading to their door. I said to myself so far so good and proceeded to attempt to open the door and found it unlocked. I did notice one discouraging thing in the parking lot there was only one car. I decided to keep going to the second door. It too was unlocked. As I kept walking I recalled how it once felt to be a member here and how excited I used to get just upon my facing the desk to check in.
To my happiness I found two people at the desk that were able to understand my quest and my story to not lose the streak. I found out that I was the first to arrive although they had been open since 8 am it was now 10:50 am.
I entered the gym as a guest and went to the workout area where I saw a life cycle that I had rode many years before. Then I saw the most up to date model of life cycle and got on that. I was the only person there and it was quiet and cool. I hopped on the life cycle and started pedaling at the manual level where it was set to burn 1038 calories per hour. I was able to continue at that pace. I started to get a little fatigued but continued.
It was awesome to pedal that hard that long I managed to burn the second most calories in 60 minutes that I have ever done. I burned 1,008 calories which to put into perspective was only the fourth time I had burned 1,000 or more calories in 60 minutes.( Out of 672 attempts)
Here is a look at my big number days( days in which I burned 500 or more calories in a half hour or 1,000 calories in an hour). I gets me psyched just to look at these numbers - Can I get an Amen?


Day 324 Sunday January 11Th 2009=1003= special note in 2ND half did a 508! (508/495)
Day 399 Friday March 27 Th 2009= 1006 (508/498)
Day 408 Sunday April 5Th 2009 did 520 on the 1st 30 WOW! - then 1,013 (520/493)
DAY 478 Sunday June 14Th 2009 did a 507 in 1st 30 minutes finished with a 927. (507/420)
DAY 563 Monday September 7, 2009 did a 501 in 1st 30 minutes finished with a 958 (501/457)
Day 574 Friday September 18, 2009 did 502 in 1st 30 minutes finished with a 963 (502/461)
Day 667 Sunday December 20, 2009 did 511 in 1st 30 minutes finished with a 1008. (511/497)

So on a day that looked like Pancho Villa's demise was possible turns out to be my second best day of burning calories within a sixty minute span of time. Folks, it is exciting to work out each day. As each day unfolds it is a pleasure to embrace the challenge.

Everybody shout, I love to workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment