Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 649- THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!


I am excited to get after it!

Let's GO!

I wonder what it is that gets me to try so hard to accomplish my goals I set while riding the life cycle and doing the work out?

This was a superb battle. It was intense. How intense was it? It was so intense that after I hit the 315 calorie burned mark for the rest of the ride I never burned any less than 14 calories a minute and never more than 17 calories a minute. For 39 minutes I stayed on that consistent pace. As I recall, it took a lot of effort to maintain that pedal speed. It took so much effort that when I was 53 minutes into the ride I sensed there would be no way I could maintain and burn 900 or more calories in 60 minutes while pedaling against the (22 level)level of resistance. So I decided to increase the level of resistance to 25 which is the highest level on the life cycle. By doing that I would increase the difficulty of pedaling but, I would increase the number of calories i would burn. As I raced toward the rides conclusion I knew I was going to burn 900 calories in 60 minutes. As I said it before and I will gladly say it again. What an incredibly exhilarating feeling to know you are going to hit the goal you set!

Like so many athletes have a habit of saying, I will say also-

THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment