Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 656 -Now we play with more of a focus: 1st Snowfall





The first snow rolled into my area around 1 am this morning. With the snow brings the challenge of the workout. Ah, a new strategy. Yes, I must change my gear a little to get ready for the workout.

Usually I pack my bag with two towels and an extra shirt. I wear shorts over riding pants with two layers of clothing. Today, I need extra sneakers and probably a coat. Also, more determination to get to the gym as always I am excited for the challenge and the work out.

I was psyched to get to the gym and feel the warmth of the energy from the exercise. I embraced the sensation on breaking into a sweat while vigorously pedaling. The contrast of the coldness outside and the heat from the workout woke me up and gave me strength. A great pace at the beginning of the ride was maintained throughout the ride. The feeling of finishing with a KICK is awesome. When I finish in a totally exhausted state it is probably one of the best feelings one can get from spending an hour of total exertion.

My energy did not dissipate as I went ahead and did 24 minutes of plank exercise. Following this with 1440 crunches made me feel a total sense of accomplishment.

So, the routine was changed some what but thank GOD the energy was there. Tomorrow we hunt down day 657!

No comments:

Post a Comment