Friday, January 1, 2010

Day-679- Happy New Year!

A new year a chance at redemption a time for sober reflection. As I watched the ball drop last night I was struck by a simple thought some where somebody is plotting their course for next year. The delightful thought that also crossed my mind is that more than somebody will carry out their goals and be watching the ball drop next year knowing that their goals were reached.

These people have a vision now and are determined to see their vision of dare I say, 2010 happen. As we look around and watch things evolve in the coming days weeks and month that will shape this new decade will start to see other people plans for this year take place.

Time it is said "waits for nobody, it just goes on its merry way."It is now time for US to pack up and send dreams and visions and include them in the next course of time.

I have a vision of getting the 9Th 30 minute interval of time burning at least 450 calories while riding the life cycle.

Today is a good challenge I went to sleep at 2am and woke up at 6 am. It is now 7:30am the gym opens at 8 am -

Prospero ano nuevo

Day 679- Ah of course there is a story. The gym was scheduled to open at 8am but thanks to a great worker at the gym it opened at 745am-That is awesome!! I got on the life cycle at 8 am. Despite the fact that my workout would be a few hours ahead of my last workout I was extremely determined to keep the streak alive. In the first 30 minutes of the ride I kept the 450 calorie burn or more alive. I burned 474 (which is 4 more than I burned yesterday in the first 30 minutes. Now, realizing that I must now burn at least 924 calories in 60 minutes to keep the streak alive of burning 450 calories or more in 30 minute intervals. I knew all I had to do was burn 450 calories or more to accomplish that goal. In the next 10 minutes I burned 150 calories.
So, I needed to burn 300 more calories in the next 20 minutes to reach the 450 calorie burn goal.

Here is where it got interesting; At the 52 minute mark the machine inexplicably shut off. At that point i believe I had burned 805 calories which still had me on pace to reach the goal. I was very disappointed no no I was pissed - But instead of taking the machine and throwing it I thought for a second. Hmm, what to do? So, I jumped on the other machine and realized the straps on the pedal were set up to fit smaller feet than I have.So I pedaled like a nut for a few minutes then decided to try the machine that shutoff again. So, I got on it and pedaled like a lunatic and told myself If I can average burning 16 calories a minute in the next 4 minutes I will reach my goal - I did it and 2010 is off to a great start! I felt great did the plank for 15 minutes 1400 crunches - And my back did not feel testy.

No comments:

Post a Comment