Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 658- This is my 180th straight day of inputting into this blog

Do you have a blog? As I think of it its more like a published journal. I believe everyone should have a workout blog. If not a blog a workout journal. There are some days that are a lot easier to add the daily activity. However, no matter what happens you have been involved in some kind of workout.

Everyone works out every day to some degree. The word or expression workout, is defined as ...
"the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit". Well, that explains it. If you eliminate the word exerting and put in using then you have a definition of " "the activity of using your muscles in various ways.To "keep fit" is the key phrase, but if you eliminate "keep fit". You have the above definition.

Now keeping fit is totally subjective because who is to say a person is fit. I always ask, fit for what? The workout is nothing more than an evaluation of your time spent doing any physical activity. To some it my be that you walked to the refrigerator.

In my view a workout blog does several things it gives one a picture of their everyday activity, allows a reference point of what they have done in terms of muscle movement, it reports to everyone where one is at, it determines an individuals mindset on working out.

An analogy of a workout blog would be a savings plan. Everyone has one and everyone has a workout blog it is just not always published.

Today we battle the temperature right now outside these walls it is 24 degrees. Do I wear shorts? Do I go with 2 or 3 layers? Yesterday, I went with three.Yesterday my calorie burn was a lot lower than the previous days. It is interesting how when I finish my workout at the gym the ride from home to the gym always feels warm. That is regardless of the outside temperature. My legs are the key I want them to be loose and flow easy. I am psyched to see what I got today.

I have heard that Mickey Mantle used to say "I love to hit a baseball, if a day goes by and I don't get a chance to hit a baseball I feel sick inside."

Since I have started this journey I am not sure what he means about missing a day. But I know what he means about loving a certain activity.

You know, when it really comes down to it, all we can really control in this world, is our attitude and our activity.


When you want to win, you WANT to win. I felt lousy about yesterday performance.I used yesterday's performance as motivation for today. I decided that that lack of energy I had yesterday would be replaced by the amount of energy I have today. I chose to look at yesterday as a day of rest. The rest needed to inspire me to be stronger today. It worked - I came charging out of the gate and burned 324 calories in the 1st 20 minutes and 479 calories in the 1st 30 minutes. By the 40 minute mark I had burned 632 calories. i finished by burning 923 calories in 60 minutes! Yesterday I burned only 775 calories. I had burned 775 calories 48 minutes into today's ride. Can I get an AMEN?

I felt so strong after the ride that I went to do more crunches than yesterday's 1700 and more continual plank minutes than yesterday's 27 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment