Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 661- Need to get loose and get going

After a good rest almost 7 + hours I am dressed fed and ready to play. I need to be back by around 1 o'clock ish to get where I need to go today. A stronger commitment to getting out earlier would have put me in better position to reach my goal of being done with the workout earlier.

So be it - More on being in position later-

A great football coach was always fond of telling his team. "Gentleman, focus and finish."
Well, between the hour of 11:45 and 12:45 I did just that! I started my ride with a focus and I finished it. My numbers were a stark difference from yesterday. I had good power and a strong push. Day 661 is done. Put me down for a 908 calories burned in 60 minutes and a great feeling of satisfaction to go along with that.

I can not help but to be constantly amazed at the feeling I get when I hit my goal for the ride. I started by burning 312 in 1st 20 minutes and 467 in the 1st 30 minutes. I dropped down a little by having burned 610 at the 40 minute mark. I did feel great and fresh by the time I finished I had burned 908 calories. I went on to do the plank exercise for 18 minutes which again is a exercise where I hold myself up for 18 straight minutes by my elbows and balls of my feet.

About the plank and abdominal exercises in general. When I do these exercises I do them on a mat on the floor in a corner of the gym. Most of the time people get next to me and do some sort of abdominal workout. I am not crowing but, usually they do their exercise for a few minutes and go away. Very rarely do they out last me while I am holding myself in the plank position. I find that interesting that they do a few ab exercises and pack it in, while I am still in the position I was in when they arrived next to me. Hmm.

I wish all who read this get to experience that delicious rewarding feeling that I get to have everyday I workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment