Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 647- As we get close to Day 650

We need to look at the virtual miles of riding since February 23, 2008. Well, boys and girls if you ride 20 miles a day for 647 straight days you will have traveled (647x 20=12,940 miles). Okay, I am on the east coast of the United States so if I set off on a 647 day sojourn where would I be if I traveled 20 miles a day further from where I started? I would have been in Sidney, Australia and 2,200 miles on my way back. Sidney, Australia is 10,777 miles from New York.

It is amazing how numbers, no matter how small at the beginning, just start adding up.
I never would have dreamed of doing a cardio vascular workout everyday for 647 days. That is 92.4 weeks. That equals 21.3 months which is 1.8 years.

Well today willbe a fun challenge especially after just completing a strong week in averaging 913 calories burned per 60 minutes of riding - Here is a break down of the week

Monday November 23RD 897 (Small Pedal )
Tuesday November 24TH 921 (Small Pedal)
Wednesday November 25TH 902 (Small Pedal)
Thursday November 26TH 955 (Big Pedal )
Friday November 27TH 921 (Small Pedal)
Saturday November 28TH 889 (Small Pedal)
Sunday November 29TH 911 ( Big Pedal)

I averaged 913.71 calories burned per hour for the week of November 23RD-29TH.
Big pedal= 933
Small pedal=906

It is now time to get after IT!

Did a good job kept up an awesome pace by burning 916 calories in an hour- Hello, woodja gimme an amen? I love reliving the ride. I know to most it must be about as boring as listening to someone else giving you a shot by shot description of their golf game. Ah, but here goes.

Felt good right from the start used the small pedal life cycle. I noticed I did not start sweating until about 12 minutes into the ride( that's unusual ) even though I had already burned about 200 calories. Remember this the previous numbers were good.I had burned about 913 calories per hour for the last week. After the first 10 minutes I burned 154. At that point I said to myself,"ok, keep the pace and you will do better than you did yesterday."So, wouldn't you know it I did exactly that. I was only off by 4 calories. I wound up burning 916 calories in the hour.

After every 10 minutes I kept trying to be at least two more calories burned ahead of the last 10 minutes. When I reached the 40 minute mark I had burned 609 calories. When I hit the 50 minute mark I had burned 765 calories. I was a good 15 calories ahead of 900 calories burned in an hour. All I had to do to break yesterday's mark of 911 was burn 146 calories in next 10 minutes. I used all the strategy I could think of to keep the pace. Twice I shifted the resistance to the highest level. By shifting the resistance to the highest level I as able to burn more calories than I was at the lower level. I knew when I shifted to a higher level I would be forced to pedal harder to keep the pace. So I did that and wound up burning enough calories to win! I love it!

After the ride I went ahead and did some crunches. In total I did 1460. I then did some grueling plank exercises I held myself in the same spot for 21 minutes.

As we march into December we are heading towards day 648- It should be an awesome way to start the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment