Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 636- My gosh I think I will workout today!

What a novel idea! I suppose everyone loves a good yuk. As I said yesterday the goal is 855 in 60. Right now, as I write this I am practicing a visualization of myself completing the task. I can see in my mind's eye the numbers 859 being passed before I reach the 60 minute mark. I am in the process of making that mental picture clearer as the seconds and minutes build up to my effort. I believe focus and clarity of the picture one seeks is a powerful too to achieve any goal.

Some days you just nail it! Do you know what I mean?

Now you can not convince me that visualization did not help me go out there today and complete an awesome workout. I will go one step further and say that visualization helped tremendously in my effort today.

I came out today with such zest that it carried my entire workout all the way to end stretching session. How can anyone not love to workout. My start was awesome. I challenged 17 calories burned per minute for about three minutes. I was at 402 @ 25 minutes=16.08 calories burned per minute. I can not even remember the last time I was pedaling that hard.As I got to the 30 minute mark I was still blasting but I had slowed a little as evidenced by my total of calories burned. I had burned 475 calories in the 1st 30 minutes of the ride. Can I get an amen? "Woodja gimme an amen?" I just kept focusing on my visualization and thought "I am going to fly by my goal of 855 in 60". I set my sights on arriving at 60 with 900+ calories burned. I was a little disappointed that I could not maintain my 16.08 per minute pace. So I resolved to get 912 or more.I was at 827 shortly after the 54 minute mark. I knew I was on the verge of a great accomplishment. In addition, to the accomplishment it was the first time in a week I had burned 900 plus calories in 60 minutes.

Once I finished the ride I had done 916 in 60 -Hooray!!!
I was so psyched I did 1420 crunches then a strong 30 minutes of plank.

I do not know the power I will bring to tomorrow's workout but I am already working on a strong visualization of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment