Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 630- JR and I are now tied!


Ken Griffey Jr has hit 630 home runs in his career.My streak is now at 630 days. With the good lord willing I will pass that number tomorrow. Griffey in my opinion should have hit many more home runs. As side from Willie Mays he was by far the best fielding all time home run hitter of my day. His ability to cover the ground in the center field was unbelievable. Because he had that give up the body to catch the ball mentality he suffered through a lot of injuries that slowed him down.
I once took a photograph of him batting with Alex Rodriguez in the on deck circle and Mariano Rivera pitching. It was a classic picture because all three should wind up in the hall of fame some day. The date I took the picture was August 29Th 1999 my son's first major league baseball game. The picture was taken at Yankee Stadium.
Today is dedicated to that day some ten years ago. I excited to see that the pedal was fixed on the other life cycle. It still is not a fixed life cycle. When you consider that the ball bearing is still loose in the crank shaft and the sound is very obvious.
Regardless I blasted out to a good pace where I had burned 317 calories in the 1st 20 minutes.However, after that I was unable to find that pace again. I finished by burning 887 calories in 60 minutes. I was not slowed because I did do 620 + crunches and 25 straight minutes on the plank. I feel great and I am truly happy about my performance

No comments:

Post a Comment