Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 495- A fresh start new month

Slept quite a bit. It felt needed, we will find out.I am excited for another challenge. I am interested in finding out two things 1) is the pedal fixed 2) how powerfully I can blast through the ride.

Today is Wednesday July 1st 2009. I feel strange because no planned work is scheduled at my place of work, due to shut down. So, I guess I have the week off.

Day 495 is done!

This is why I love to workout. I came out flying, did 345 calories burned in the 1st 20 minutes which put me on a pace to break my own record of 1,013 in 60 minutes (20 min x (3)x 345= 1,035 in an hour). Come think of it, that would shatter, my record of 1,013 in 60. I felt great, I had everything going and finished the 1st 30 minutes at 510 calories burned, which is only 9 calories off the record for 30 minutes of 519 calories burned . All I needed to do was to repeat the 510 from the 1st 30 minutes and I would have the record of 1,020 in 60 minutes. Sounds good now, but hey, I got a little slowed. My pace slowed down and I realized I was riding a broken life cycle. Little mattered at that point, I was in a fight for the record, but by the time I caught my breath, the record was gone. All that was left was a chance to beat yesterday's mark of 926.However, in the back of my mind I was saying hang in there you are not going to lose that mark. Good news. I did beat yesterday's mark by 3 calories burned by coming with a 929- Hooray!

I feel today was an awesome example of my real reason why I ride everyday. Its the sheer joy and love of the competition. Give it to me, I love it. Give me the play that decides the outcome. the final shot, the last second play and the last pitch. I live for that and have lived for it since I was a little boy.

I hope all who read this finds something that have a passion for. I also hope, that whatever they choose is good and healthy.

Cannot wait for the next ride! Day 496 here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment