Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 494- A quick look back as we forge ahead

My favorite pitcher in baseball recorded his 500th save on Sunday June 28th 2009. Only one other player in the history of baseball has done the same. My next big goal is to hit the 500 mark of consecutive workouts in which I do a cardio workout for 1 hour. Monday July 6th will be that day. Since, I am pretty much a statistic nut, I got curious as to how many calories I was burning off prior to hitting my previous one hundred marks. Any way here is a look back:

heading into day 100 -849 in calories burned in an hour / weighed in @ 169 lbs
heading into day 200--946 in calories burned in an hour / weighed in @ 166 lbs
heading into day 300--945 in calories burned in an hour / weighed in @ 168 lbs
heading into day 400--1,006 in calories burned in an hour / weighed in @ 174 lbs

As I head into 500, I realize I have done a lot more in my weights and abdominal workouts, while my calorie burning has stayed within a 100 range.

Okay, I am "ready" for Day 494 - I should be rolling by 10:30ish.
Here is one thought I love, its dressed, fed and ready to play. A simple 1,2,3 punch.
Its almost like On your mark, get set ready, GO! Or ready, aim, fire. There is a certain power to that sequence of thought - its dynamite.

Back to the blog, great workout did 926 awesome, had 478 in 1st 30; just missed that challenging 450 in the second 30 by 2 .Went a little light on the abs did around 600 crunches and 10 minutes on plank.

And so, that concludes the month of June. My weight varied by a pound my calories burned varied by 20 or so per 60, however only 1/3 of a calorie per minute. Consistency was the word of the month.

Good luck to all for the month of July, I hope you all do as well as you can.
Remember, if you see someone without a smile give them one of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment