Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 524- I want to I will: I want to what?

If you believe you can, you can. If you believe you will, you will. A good challenge lies before us all those simple words tell it all. Its sticky out here I feel I can do it. I am getting ready to do it- Heck, I know I can do it. The hour is coming - Let's GO! Broken machines be damned.

Happy Days! Did 854 today and played by house rules. Interesting, when I arrived at my life cycle someone was already riding it. So I decided to wait until they got off. It turned out to be a blessing I was able to warm up on another life cycle the recumbent style for 20 minutes. When the gentleman was finished I jumped on my cycle and was rearing to go. I did a 450 for the 1st 30 minutes something I had not done for almost 5 days. While my last 30 minutes were not as strong I still felt great. Time ran out so I stretched and left the gym.

I still love the ride and I am challenged by it. After I explained the game I play with attempting to hit a daily goal he suggested I approach a video game designer and see if he can not come up with some type of video game that interacts with the life cycle.HMMMMMMMMMM food for thought.

Third entry of the day.What? Get a life. Went to the gym one more time did the famous plank exercise then weights. Felt great! Which reminds of a classic sales technique.Whenever, someone objects to something that is offered your response should be feel, felt, found. All in that order. Allow me to explain. When trying to persuade someone to your point of view it is easy to say this I understand how you feel, many people have felt that way or you can say I have felt that way. But, here is what they or I found out.

Let us practice in a role play- Person says, "I hate to workout because I always feel so drained after I am done". You say, "I understand how you feel many people have felt the same way you do they feel so wiped out after they are done working out.". Then you say, "but here is what they found out, by going to work out on a consistent basis they have more energy during the day and they sleep better at night. All in all they feel great and are glad they took the time to work out. So what'd ya say, why not give it a shot, okay?" Thats works a lot more times than you think.Do me a favor, the next time someone disagrees with you about anything see if you can't winthem over to your point of view by using feel, felt, found,okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment