Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 522- While the humidity continues I intend to follow it

With day 521 in the rear view window. I am curious how my legs will respond to yesterday's double ride. I did not really push yesterday's 1st or 2ND ride to the limit but I did keep pressing on overall stamina. Since I still felt good I kept pedaling. The challenge is clear, don't stand up. The cycle I intend to use today has broken handle bars, so I can not grab the bars for support I must rely on my legs for all my strength. All in all this ride will be a fun challenge. I got up earlier(5:30 Am) to meet the challenge. I am ready to so here goes.

The humidity was my alley. Thanks to my alley I was able to work up a good lather and enjoy a real challenging ride. I have come to the conclusion that my numbers are going to be a little different than they have been. What I have done by deciding not to stand up while riding is to call upon a different group of muscles to ride with. I understand that my muscles are not quite strong enough now to battle the resistance level I am at right now. I need to test to find out at what level I could pedal hard and increase my calories burned. Although, I am pedaling at a fat burning zone I would like to get closer to a cardio training zone. When I was able to stand up I was able to get to the cardio training zone. I will continue to check that. Thanks to an excellent rest I was able to start early and finish early.

Here is a great thought "change is inevitable but growth is optional". I just googled that phrase and believe me their are no shortage of listings for that gem.

Any who, tomorrow I will see if I can grow with the change that is sure to come. I hope all can do likewise.















i

No comments:

Post a Comment