Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 508- I need my morning rush, don't we all?

Behold the average person, what do they do in the first hour of waking up? I am sure to many its a frantic time after the first 20 minutes. Most have a stupor period and perhaps sit still while collecting their thoughts. I have noticed I seem to for the most part just start moving and ready myself for the pending ride. Maybe, just maybe, thats the way it is with people on a workout streak. The streaker is ready to go and moving on to the workout. Like I am now!

508 done !

Sure enough I went down to the gym. Upon my arrival at the gym I confronted with a choice. A simple choice ride the broken life cycle or wait until the good one was free. I'm curious what most people would do? Quick math allows me to understand that I did have plenty of time to wait. However, I chose to ride the broken one. My plan was to ride the broken one until the other one was free. That"s how it turned out once the other one became free I got off the broken one and jumped onto the other one. Here is where the math gets confusing . I am not sure of exactly sure how many calories I burned in an hour of riding. I do recall riding the broken one for about 16 minutes and burning about 276 calories. I was on a real good pace. ( 276/16= 17.25 per minute) Then I rode the other one for 44 minutes and burned 643 calories. Again the more I think about it I did 276 in 17 minutes and did 628 in 43 minutes. For a grand total of 904 in 60 -That is fine with me i will take it.

My preoccupation during riding today was on realizing how such a some amount of people actually show on a consistent basis. Let alone everyday. Maybe I am a rare breed but the law of large numbers tells me;
1) a lot of people workout in gyms across the world maybe thereis at least one person in that gym that has not missed a day
2) there is plenty of gyms
3) 1 or 2 times plenty of gyms + # of people that do what I have done - See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment