Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 498 - Do I detect a sniffle? Boo who! Do it anyway

Charging ahead with a clarion sound of no retreat the mission is at hand. Sounds good, sounds determined. Ah, the spirit is willing but, the flesh is weak. I am sure we have all heard that. As the great Jim Rohn is fond of saying " I am no authority on the bible". I have got a health challenge today. I suppose one has got expect one every now and then. I am not going to elaborate on that now. I believe what ever one focuses on expands.

I do have a running log of this streak to look back on. Its interesting to note that my log has become consistently more detailed with each passing day. Here is a look back to July 4th 2008. Hey, that was 365 days ago. Day 133- Here is what I wrote -7:45 am-8:45 am -an interesting ride, went in spurts did r 22 4 1st 20 then did 150 + cals in 10 min then ended w/ a 10 min r 25 - some lady came up 2 me and said she had never seen a human being sweat some much- don't u drink water she asked.last night had 2 beers- WOW ! bought a hockey stick it felt great shooting the ball! did 25m after whew!

Its kind of unclear what I meant but, I think I meant I was messing around with different resistance levels on the Life Cycle. The highest level is R25 .I also suppose I did an extra 25 minute ride after my 1st 60 minute ride.

That is pretty good inspiration to know I was that fired up to do an extra 25 minutes of riding just for the fun of it. Let the game begin...................



Consistency is what consistency does


Had a good battle early but had a strong finish! Did 457 in 1st 30 minutes. In the second half did 461 that is an awesome finish. I kept my focus I knew I needed to stay 30 seconds ahead of the 15 calorie a minute pace. When I realized I was going to get 15 calories a minute I set my sights towards beating yesterday's 909 mark. The game within the game is so much fun. The only thing I am a little surprised about is my weight-It is now up to 181. The last time I was up to that weight was on day 31.


Wow, that was 467 days ago! Biggest difference in my habits are my appetite and exercise schedule.I am doing more ab work and lifting more weights when I started to lose the weight I rode and did very little ab or weights.I had a very low appetite and ate a lot less. I knew when I increased the exercising I would increased my appetite. Check it out, even though my riding is still strong my eating has increased enough to put on weight. Another difference is this week I have not been as active as I usually am. I usually spend a good 50-60 hours on my feet. This week has not been the case.



Here is a haunting thought: We all know deep down inside what it is that we will not do that prevents us from getting what we all want. I feel that with a little soul searching we all will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment