Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 510- Had an opportunity to rest before the workout

I am choosing to use the opportunity to rest a little before the challenge ahead. I am curious to see if I can improve on yesterday's ride. Yesterday's ride was almost effortless mainly because of the steadiness of it. I probably got 2 hours more rest than I have been. Like many I wake up with aches and pains but once I get going I feel great. I am confident that much of this movement stems from muscle memory. I am starting to think the body reacts to its movement and has it own memory built in. Once I get on the life cycle and begin pedaling my body says" okay here we go". I also wonder if its a state of mind. I recall at times if you are concentrated on a certain task and attempt to do the task at inconsistent times you must be ready to react quickly and thoroughly. My reference to that would be similar to a electrical switch. The switch is their in a seconds notice to deliver the electricity which in turn delivers the power to create the electrical function. It could bring light to a room, use of an appliance or any number of things. The key is it is ready to deliver when needed. I believe the mind can be trained to work with that same reaction. So, as I sit here and think about what makes me and others tick I am getting ready for today's challenge.

Did 920 in 60 on day 509 . Question is can I beat it? Which brings me to another interesting topic. Questions. When a person says to us I got a question for you what goes through your mind. To most people another question pops up what is it? Whats the question? At that point the mind is getting geared up to answer any question. My question is whats the difference between someone other than yourself asking you a question than you asking yourself a question. The difference I feel is the sense of truthfulness in the answer. Let us face it a question asked of others will probably get a different response than one we ask of ourselves. Here is an example, what did you do yesterday? Now from an ego stand point most people if they were answering another person would say something that projects how they want to LOOK to the person asking the question. However, should I ask myself "what did I do yesterday" I suppose who I am to myself will affect how I answer that question. I firmly believe that to varying degrees who we are to others we are different from who we are to ourselves.
O-kay now that I got that off my mind.

The challenge I feel we all face in life is our questions. What we ask ourselves delivers our answers to what we do. Example, you are faced with doing a task your mind asks its self how do I do this task? Your answer is how you go about doing it. Its funny, the way and how we do the task is determined in a large part on our attitude. So if you go to do something ask yourself how can I have fun while doing this? As opposed this sucks I do not what to do it you will have an entirely different way of doing the activity necessary to complete the task. Like I said before only two things we really control it is "our attitude and our activity".

Day 510 just asked a question : How can you make today the best workout day ever?

Answer: By having a theme song in my head during the workout guess what it was? Beat it! Why that song? As I mentioned earlier the goal of today was to beat 920 from yesterday's ride. Well, I BEAT IT! Did a 927 in 60 minutes. I realize its the competition of it that keeps me coming back. I am sure if I would just go in a room and pedal for 60 minutes a day I could do it. I not sure how long I would keep doing it if it were not for the challenge of beating the day's before mark. There is just something in me that says " let's see if you can beat this?"

Day 510 the details of the ride....


I started off very strong I burned 16 calories in the first minute which to me is not that easy to do. I kept the pace for 30 minutes. Again which is very good. Bottom line, I managed to get a good enough pace in the other 30 minutes and burn some calories . Burning 447 in 30 minutes is a hair below 15 a minute. My pace was not as consistent as yesterday but my results were a little better. My challenge now is for tomorrow is;
1) beat today's 927
2) beat this months high of 956 (July 10Th)

Here is one question that can have an awesome answer? What if our body never got hungry it was just our mind that got hungry? Think about that one. In essence all
we are doing when we eat is feeding our mind.

Don't forget what the good book said "feed your head"- Jefferson Starship
Here is an interesting article
http://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindfulness/2009/03/mindful-eating-rethinking-our-relationship-to-food/

No comments:

Post a Comment