Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 520- Anxious to improve on yesterday's low number

Vince Lombardi said " if you chase perfection you may catch excellence". Now, that is something to ponder. What is perfection? What are we attempting to perfect. To bring it home, what is not perfect in our lives right now? As I mentioned in another entry, the haunting truth is we all know exactly what it is that we will not do to make our lives the way we want our lives to be.
I wrote this before and bears repeating.
As I wrote on Day 498- July 2ND of this year:

Here is a haunting thought: We all know deep down inside what it is that we will not do that prevents us from getting what we all want. I feel that with a little soul searching we all will agree.

Okay- I am off to beat yesterday's mark!


Mission completed, burned 904 calories in 60 minutes.I challenged myself to ride strong and I did. Although I started a little slow, I gained speed and confidence to hit my goal. I was totally pumped after the journey. I wish I had more time to workout!


A great coach once said, " most people do not believe in themselves" I guess that is not very original. However, he went one to say, most people don't believe they are special. Most people don't believe they were put on this earth to do something special with their lives. Most people don't have a high self esteem. Most people don't understand why they can not have the America they see on all those happy tv commercials. Most people don't have high expectations about themselves. Well, was he right? He saw the problem and he offered some things we can all do to get us all to believe in ourselves more. Do you want to know what they are? Of course you do.
" there are 8 things you can do to help you believe in yourself"

1) Always be excited. He said if you cannot be excited go in the closet and give yourself a pep talk.
2) Treat people good. Treat people like you would want to be treated.
3) Do not listen to the gloom and doom crowd. He went on to say, did you know every generation has seen the world exploding.Do not listen to them. Hey, the sun is going to come tomorrow and the sun is going to come up the next day!
4) Don't worry about what other people say. People are going to say things about you. Especially if you are motivated, excited and happy. Don't worry about what other people say
5) Don't worry about making mistakes. you are going to make mistakes. You make more mistakes when you worry about making them. Go there and let it rip! Do it
6) Don't worry about things you can not control. Hey, 99% of the things you worry about never happen, so why worry?
7) Get yourself a hero. Learn more about your hero.Find things about yourself that your hero has and before long you will like your self more.
8) ALWAYS BE EXCITED! ALWAYS BE PUMPED UP!

I am finishing the writing later in the evening. I hope everyone has a great rest and is excited about the coming day.

No comments:

Post a Comment