Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 514- I wonder what I have today

Dale Carnegie once said there are 4 basic ways we make contact with the world. Keep in mind Dale Carnegie was was born in 1888. Contact has a different meaning now than it did in Dale's time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Carnegie

There are four ways, and only four ways, in which we have contact with the world. We are evaluated and classified by these four contacts: what we do, how we look, what we say, and how we say it. Dale Carnegie

That is pretty straight forward - Today I will do the best I can, I will look the best I can, I will say the best I can say and I will say it the best I can.

Okay, thanks for the motivation Mr Carnegie

Today I got that old sparkle back - I worked out very hard and in the end it seemed effortless.
It had the feel of a sprinter crossing the finish line when they show it in super slow motion. As they get a close up view of the runners face you can tell that the runner knows that the race is over and the runner has won. The expression and the sense of ease that accompanies that look is how I felt at the conclusion of my workout today. The marketer in me wishes I could sell it. The humanitarian in me wishes I could give it to everyone in the world to enjoy free of charge.


My son just read the last paragraph and thought it was just all right.I am curious is the culture we live in today that makes things just all right. I thought what I put to print was awesome but then again he is not me he did not have the experience I just had so he like I suppose most of you can not relate to these workout stories or inspirations. but you know it doesn't matter what one person thinks about what I right. Who knows it may not matter what a thousand people care about what I write. The sole purpose of me writing this blog is to get the word out. The word is....workout.

My ride to was in one word strong. I started out with 157( calories burned) in 10 minutes. then 320 in the 1st 20 minutes. After 30 in had burned 480 calories which if you have following my chart is awesome. My motivates measure stick today was a goal of a pitcher in baseball. See if you can follow my logic. A pitcher in baseball has a goal of pitching nine scoreless innings. So here is my comparison, 60 minutes divides in 9 innings. Without a big math lesson every 6 minutes and 42 seconds equals one inning. 60/9 = 6.67 .( .67 x 60 seconds = 42 seconds) With all that in mind I decided to give myself a scoreless inning for every 6 min and 42 second mark of doing 16 calories burned a minute. That game kept me focused. I was able to stay scoreless up until the 42 minute mark which is exactly 6.54 innings and since that is not quite 2/3' s of an inning I guess you could say I gave up my 1st run before I got the 2ND out in the 7Th inning. That is strong pitching. However, after that I was challenged big time. As my numbers read out I had 683 @ the 42 minute mark and finished with 933 calories burned in 60 minutes. Which equals a finish of 150 calories burned in the last 18 minutes. I went nuts on my crunches and did 3600 + and on the plank I went crazy and did a total of 17 straight minutes which is for me a new record.

I will say it again I felt great. I posted this address on the wall in the locker of the gym I workout in I hope some one finds it, reads it and passes in to others.

KNOCK KNOCK HELLO, LOOKING FOR WORKOUT STREAKERS RUNNERS, CYCLISTS WALKERS LIFE CYCLE RIDERS HELLO, ANYBODY THERE?

No comments:

Post a Comment