Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 503- The opportunity is ripe

My body seems ready as I head towards my chance at burning 900+ calories in 60 minutes. Yesterday I had a good kick in me as I battled to maintain a strong start. The key to getting and keeping a 15 calorie burn per minute is to get loose while pedaling. Once the legs feel warmed and loose everything flows easily. The challenge lies in the early morning starts. Where the body feels it needs a little more rest. I enjoy the effort that is needed and I am ready.


I was not, but you know. I gave it a shot. Although I came nowhere near my goal I finished the ride. A little frustrated and bummed out I finished. My thought is I was just too sore and tired to get it done today. Hey, my 503 is still intact.I did a 853 in 60, ouch! My pace was weak. I was within 5 calories burned then slipped badly after the 1st 30 minutes.I will hitch it up tomorrow and go for it. Both General George S. Patton and Vince Lombardi said

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."
Question one: What is fatigue? Answer; it is a lack of energy and motivation. Agreed?
Question two: What is a coward?Answer; One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain. Agreed?
Does the quote stands on its own for logic?
Well, for me its been awhile since I felt as much fatigue as I did today. It has been awile since I felt almost if not cowardness. However, when I felt pain today and decided it was better to slow down than risk injury I held myself back. I suppose that was a classic example of the quote.
Part of me wanted to blast through and see what I had but the other part of me held me back.


I once heard that we have three driving forces in our being they are your body, ego and your soul.
Here are the goals of the three forces individually.
Your body wants to feel good.
Your ego wants to look good
Your soul wants to do what is good.
Just about every second these three go at it in your mind . Who wins and who gets more of the choices are up to you.
Personally I am rooting for your SOUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment