Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 516- Okay I got some rest

As the player approaches the forum he ponders the age old question did I get too much sleep. Lying around usually is not one of my favorite things. Yesterday was rainy and bogged down. It got slow. I read a book and slept. I generally choose more active things to do. Since the slowness of the day was all over me I just rested and caught up on the sleep I had the lost the night before.

The challenge lies ahead loosen up feel fresh and charge! - A person on a mission trains their self to act as if... Today I will act as if I am loaded with energy and can not wait for the next movement.

The is an old story about the famous Painter Matisse. Supposedly he had a very bad arthritic condition. However as he suffered this condition he would amble slowly to the piano. The old and worn out figure would barely get to the piano bench. Upon arrival at the bench he would start playing the piano ever so slowly. Then Matisse would speed up his playing and his fingers would dance across the keyboards effortlessly and the music would sound wonderful. In a short period of time this old man would come alive! Matisse would then get off the bench and go to his next passion and paint. I think anyone who has seen any of Matisse's famous works will agree the results were marvelous.

I hope that story inspires anyone who reads this. I know it just inspired me!

I was limited on time and did a good ride. Did a solid 911 in calories burned in 60 minutes. Had a slowish start picked up speed then leveled out and then cruised in with an average of 15.18 calories burned a minute. My choice of sleeping left me with no time to do any abdominal or arm work.

Its funny I meet people in the gym and I feel compelled to tell them about the streak. I do not want to come off as a braggart but I do want to be assertive. I want to let everyone know that it should be that uncommon for people to want to workout every day. I feel like I am on an island when I say this. I feel like I am a self promoter but I shouldn't because I know I am not promoting myself. I feel I am promoting good health. The reason why I feel I am promoting good health is working out everyday is healthy its probably the best thing you can do for your body. The body is meant to be moved and the more you move the better your body will. So, I feel working out every day is not only good for the body its good the soul. If you think about it whats usually good for the body and soul is usually good for the mind. Now I ask you if something is good for the body, mind and soul shouldn't every BODY be doing it?

Here is a quote I used in my High School Yearbook many moons ago.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of non violence

No comments:

Post a Comment