Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 496- Dressed fed and ready to play

I suppose we all are to some extent but we really do not know to what extent until we go out and see what we got. Thats the promise of a new day. What have you got to offer the world today? A lot of that is determined by that simple concept are you dressed, fed and ready to play? I am confident that I am, so here I go- Out to play!

Play I did. I had fun. Got off to a flying start a 480 in 30 minutes. It flowed nice and easy. Once again by the time I hit the 45 minute mark I was battling. I strongly believe that the challenge has to be the condition of the lifecycle. As I pedal I hear a grinding sound. The resistance does seem to increase as I pedal. But that does not matter. I am not here to offer any excuses the only thing I am interested in is a good workout and to have fun. While I have an interest in the numbers or how many calories I burn its all to increase the fun of working out. I finished with a 910 in calories burned for the hour.

Today after my workout I went to a life sports talk show. It was held in a meeting room at the library. The forum is very relaxed and friendly and if you like sports as I do its a must attend.
http://www.espnradio1300.com/pages/jox/insideyankeebaseball.html

As I was working out today several positive thoughts came to mind. One was the great Dale Carnegie's view on the concept of contacting people. Mr Carnegie said that we really contact people four ways
1) How we look
2) What we say
3) How we say it
4) What we do
That is a pretty powerful concept - as you think of those four ways of contact you notice each way has a significant influence on how we are judged. If we take the time to look at all four of these points of contact its easy to realize the positive influence we will have on how people react towards us. That certainly is great to know. To a large degree we actually control how the world will respond to us.

Hear is the other concept I was thinkink about. The organism or individual that can relate to the most organisms or people on their level usually controls their world. Think about that for a moment. If I understand you on your level what will that do? I feel it will do a lot. For one you will probably feel more understood and should lead you to trust me more. That trust should lead to a better relationship. We all know if, two people or organisms have a good relationship they usually act more in harmony. Following that thought the more organisms and people I have on that relationship level the more I can control my life and my world.

I realize I threw a lot of philosophical thoughts out there today. I hope it was helpful.

Tomorrow is day 497 - I hope to make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment