Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 512-Good morning and welcome to an awesome challenge

Well, I never said doing a cardio vascular workout for 512 consecutive days would be easy. So, guess what? This is as best a challenge as any day. Right now as I punch at the keyboard its 6:39 am and muggy. Yours truly went down at 12:45am was up at 6 am and now is poised to get in the gym in hopefully about 10 minutes. I also never said my 511 streak was close to the accomplishments of hitting 511 or more major league home runs. The reason I pointed out the home runs was purely from a numbers basis. Today matches in numbers only, how many Eddie Mathews and Ernie Banks hit for home runs in their illustrious career of playing major league baseball.

To quote Bozz Scaggs "outside the rain begins" - Here I go a little wet and groggy to the gym to take a chop at day 512. Move over Eddie and Ernie your number is about to get company.

Okay so Eddie & Ernie got company. I didn't hit a tape measure home run today.In fact I think I was over dressed and ready to play. As an aristocrat would say, "I perspired profusely" as I would say "I sweated like a pig". It was funny though. I guess I must have looked pretty distressed in my last few minutes. So much so that someone said " John, my god it looks like you are dying". My reply was oh know I am just having some fun. Well, I did finish the ride at 875 which is far lower than I would have liked to but again, I had fun anyway. The reason why I believe I was over dressed was I ran out of energy to maintain the pace I had ithe last 20 minutes. In the 1st 40 minutes I burned 600 calories. However, in the last 20 minutes I managed only to burn 275. I feel the reason why I was zapped of energy down the stretch was I just sweated way more than usual because I was over dressed. As I said at the beginning of today's writing it was more muggy than its been.

No comments:

Post a Comment