Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 509- The anticipation grows as the time draws near

As the summer rolls on and I get mentally ready for the next event. Some may say what event? To me any time I have an opportunity to put one more consecutive workout on the board its an event. I am certainly not putting myself in category of Lou Gehrig or Cal Ripken in terms of streaks but I wonder if they ever considered putting together a narrative of their consecutive streaks? I think what I am doing is interesting . Dah ? Which is a good reason to continue this activity. That word activity is one to chew on for a second. I believe the only two things we really can control are our attitude and our activity. Well off to do another activity- 509 awaits-

I had a nice fun workout today. It is a pleasure when you start a little slow then gradually pick up speed. I can feel my body getting a lift from the momentum being generated. The ride had a good pace 150 in 1st 10 311 in 1st 20 465 after the 1st 30 minutes. Was up tpo 697 calories burned in the 1st 45 minutes. That is a good stretch 232 in 15 minutes. Finished with a 920 calories burned in total. Overall that is a great ride a good steady pace. In the last 15 minutes I did 223 not quite 15 calories burnred a minute but very close. At 920 calories burned in 60 minutes equals 15.33 calories burned a minute. Finished up witha good 3 times around the weight machines and a 10 minute plank exercise.

I feel the core of a person's motivation to do something on a very consistent basis stems from their up bringining. As I think of what comments I hear when I tell people about the streak it makes me think of what is the big deal. When we were young most of probably did something 500 or even a 1000 days in a row. Played outside, ran around, watched some TV show or something. The fact that what I am doing as I assume tens of thousands of others are is no great shake. If I was in a community of people doing the same thing it would be just as natural as combing one's hair everyday or brushing our teeth.

With this desire I wish to find others who are doing the same kind of activity that I am. In an effort to help get the message out that being in shape and enjoying good health is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment