Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 981 With the advent of the holiday season....

We go for a workout number 984 since February 23, 2008. Its the 140TH straight Saturday we will have done a workout. Heck, I wonder if people that have Saturday hobbies have such proclamations. You know?There are people that golf every weekend or fish. People that are avid in their love for doing something. When you engage in consistent activities such as working every day or working out every day, you develop a sense for days and a perspective of days that is unfathomable to the people who don't.

I hope my accountability for every day doesn't give the wrong impression to my message. In my mind, which kinda scary at times, I have this incredible back drop of sporting events. I can name the winner and opponent of every Super Bowl that has been played. Along with that I can draw details from these events. That can be said for the World Series dating back to 1948. It is this feeling and memory I have for time that has passed that allows my to recapture other events that occurred on the same day.

Think of it as odd if you will, but to me I find it exciting to just take a second and flip through the pages of history whenever I wish. For example, I know when I attended my sister's wedding because Patrick Ewing missed a finger roll layup that would have sent the Knicks into the NBA finals on May 21, 1995. Or my wife's Aunt and Uncle's anniversary party of 40 years on October 5,1986. Then attending the 50Th anniversary party 10 years later and telling them how his beloved Giants did on that date 10 years prior. Which resulted in 13-6 victory over the St Louis Cardinals.

Yes, sports has definitely been the back drop and this streak with its days now makes it easy to use it as a back ground for other occasions in people's lives as well as my own.

Now, we are on Day 34 of consecutive work and workout days. However, my w squared streak I believe will take a day off. I will only workout tomorrow. But at the conclusion of the day I should set a record for most days in a row of w squared- 34- Which reminds me of Greg Pruitt. Who is Greg Pruitt? He was a football that wore a t shirt with hello in the front of it and good bye on the back. Oh yeah, he was one fast dude.

Let us burn 1320+ in an hour!

How about 1305 which was more than yesterday's total of 1274. Although, I got 24 hours and 42 minutes of rest as compared to 22 hours and 54 minutes of rest the day before. So, we split again plus 31 on the calories and negative 2 hours and 12 minutes on the rest.

Now, we are going for Day 982 can I do two 60 minute workouts?
If that happens that means I will most likely be on short rest going after the next workout. How short? Maybe 20 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment