Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 979 rested and was tested

The scoreboard reads 2 losses. However, the scoreboard does not reflect the workout. The slow start and then, the awesome finish to cut the margin of defeat down. I was beaten but not bloodied. In the first 5 minutes I barely burned 95 calories. Then, for the last 55 minutes I burned 1209 calories a total of 1304 calories burned in 60 minutes. I went from an average of burning 95 calories per five minutes to burning 110 calories per five minutes!

So, even though I got more rest ( 10 more minutes) and burned 16 less calories, I had a tremendous work out and feel great as a result of expending that energy.

So the nine hundred and seventies are over. Tomorrow will be day 980 of this incredible journey. A total of 982 sixty minutes or more of cardiovascular workouts have been done. The trail is now left behind me the path for a new way has been cut. The future looks bright. The challenge not so daunting. November 18Th is 20 days from tomorrow. Thanksgiving is seven days after that. Then Christmas is a month later.

The most beneficial result of accomplishing a goal is not in attaining the goal, but what you become as a result of its accomplishment. Agree or disagree?

Either way, Day 980 is quickly approaching....

No comments:

Post a Comment