Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 953- Fall has arrived!

There is a nice refreshing chill in the air. As we zero in on quad city we will be given cool climates. It is a Saturday, actually it is the 953/7= 136TH Saturday of this magnificent streak. We all want and deserve energy. Energy is the key. As I added yesterday, I will not workout until around 7 am. The span of hours since 611 am( when I finished the vigorous portion of my workout) yesterday will be 24 hours and 50 minutes. That is a lot more rest than I give myself from Monday to Friday.

Here is a quality question. If your life was rated as the level of a thoroughbred race horse, would you enter yourself in the Kentucky Derby? And would you bet on that horse? I am not sure I would go that far. But that is certainly an interesting way to look at life.

As we all run for the roses every day. Some are trained and ready for the race others are not even showing up at the starting block.

Off in the distance, I can hear the start horn calling me to the line. My question is am I dressed, fed and ready to play?

As I think of my daily calorie burning goal I realize, it has to be 1300 calories in 60 minutes.
Today, I will run with the thoroughbreds and nail down a 1300!

My mind, my heart, my vision and my desire all cried out for 1300 in 60 but it was not to be.
Interesting, as I was expending every thing I had to hit that total a thought ran through my mind. It was a quote from Lombardi it said "if you chase the heck out of perfection you will catch excellence and greatness." Well, I was chasing the heck out 1300 and I guess I caught a very awesome work out. With the awesome workout came a tremendous feeling of well being.

Day 954 -- 1300 or what? I am focused and determined to make it happen. Jockeys get on your mounts!



No comments:

Post a Comment