Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 1093 The Three Year Plan

The fact is I never planned on working out everyday for three years. I just started working out on February 23, 2008 with a goal of working out that day to feel better. I was coming off a winter cold where I felt blah. Once I started to feel better I said "I mind as well keep on working out."

Up to that point I was working out about 5 to 6 times a week. I had been doing that since 1998. I had no idea my simple concept of working out everyday would evolve to three years.

Three years when you add it up comes out to 365 days times three which equals 1095 days. Except, if there is a leap year. In 2008, there was a leap year so you add 1 day to the month of February. When you add one day to the total of 1095 you arrive at 1096 days.

Now, setting the record straight for this illustrious streak of days. On 14 days I worked out for sixty more minutes. When add 14 to 1096 1110 days of work outs in that three year span of time. In essence, I have averaged over a three time, 1.01 workouts per day.

I look at these numbers this way. Pretend, going from 999 days to 1000 days was like entering a new state. Now, this state has 99,000 more of x than the other. You can say this is the mainland. There are 271 years in the next 99,000 days.

It is in the next 271 years that unless I am immortal, the streak will die. Heck, this country was born in 1776 and on July 4TH 2011 it will be 235 years old.

So, I labeled day 1000 comma town or quad city. What I really should of called it was comma state or quad country. As I now realize we are going to be here for a while.

So my friends I have participated in three years of an activity.My God bless the days ahead.

I hope my activity and any one's activity that has that extent of time serves God and mankind well.

Saturday's have been the days I usually post and relax prior to my workout. The gym will soon be opening. This is the last Saturday I will post in year two. Next Saturday, with the Good Lord willing, I will post for the 1st time in year three. In fact, next Saturday will be day 1100.

It time to attack 1395 ++++ calories an hour! Roger Bannister, where ever you are, root me!

Thank you Mr Bannister, actually Sir Roger Bannister. I kept saying to myself while I was doing the workout. "Just keep the pace."

Once I established a great pace of burning 729 calories in the first 30 minutes I worked at maintaining that pace for the next 30 minutes. Since my pace was so strong, falling off it just a bit did not stop me from burning a bunch of calories in an hour.

It was a sensational feeling burning 1454 calories in an hour. I took advantage of the extra rest in between workouts. Yep burning 60 more calories in an hour in some 24 hours and 50 minutes of rest was truly awesome!

The 1454 burn was the most in awhile. I still want to break the personal best I set when I burned 1515 in an hour.

Now we are down to three days for three years. Day 1094 AWAITS .....

No comments:

Post a Comment