Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 1082-Just show up and FIGHT!

That is not as combative as it sounds. In fact, I am not even talking to you.I am talking to myself
.I am also asking myself a question. The question is will you show up and fight? There is a classic line from the movie "The Caine Mutiny". Where one of the characters says, "I didn't think you had the guts to show up."The character replies, "I didn't have the guts not to show up."

The concept of showing up when it comes to working out mentally is a given. The concept of showing up and fighting is the challenge.When the character says I didn't have the guts not to show up he means in his heart he had to be there. He could not escape himself if he did not show up. My view is from a higher perch I see it as you not only have to show up you also have to show up and fight.I do not want to fight with anyone I just want to do my best and give maximum effort.

Today, despite the amount of calories I burned I did just that, I showed up and fought for every calorie I burned in the sixty minutes.Burning 1349 in sixty is a far cry from yesterday's total of burning 1402.

As the rain pours down and the air is not cold enough to snow, we head toward three years. With a total of 14 days to go!

But first Day 1083 ....awaits....

No comments:

Post a Comment