Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 1092 I had the record breaking pace for 40 minutes

That took a lot of energy.As we go through this funky winter recess I cannot decide whether or not to dress cooler or warmer. Oh well, I started off a little slow then had hooked onto an awesome pace. When I reached the 40 minute mark a full two thirds of the workout I had burned 950 calories. That pace would have gotten me to burn 1425 calories in an hour.

I look at these attempts to break personal records similar to Roger Bannister's attempt to break the four minute mile. I have written about this awesome achievement before.It still amazes me. Prior to that famous day of May 6, 1954 no human had been able to accomplish that feat. But then almost mysteriously people started to shatter the four minute mile.Why?

I boil it all down to one word, BELIEF!

I wound up only burning 1394 today. The four minute mile only lasted so long.

Tomorrow, we will beat today! When we burn 1395++ as the Day 1093 takes center stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment