Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 1080 - Ten eighty

A nice compact number as we start the drive to three. Three years that is. I just realized that from February 23, 2008 to February 23,2011 is not 1095 days. Why? Isn't there 365 days in a year? Answer, not always. What happens when there is a leap year? Answer, we add a day to the year. Well in 2008, we did just that. We added a day to the year and so instead of the time span in number days being 1095, it is now 1096. Also, for the sake of quantifying the total span of time I will have actually worked out every day for three years, we have to use February 23,2008 as the start date and use February 22, 2011 as the completion date.

Truth is, February 23, 2011 is the start of a new year. That new year would put us in our third year.

So to clarify. On Day 1096, it will be three years for this glorious streak to have reached the ripe old age of three years. I have done to this point 1093 workouts in the last 1079 days.

The lexicon of "workout" is described many times on this blog. A workout is when I do a cardiovascular workout I do continually for sixty minutes.

So I am off to see the wizard. The wonderful wizard of workout.
Yesterday, due to the forecast I decided to take the day off for the first time in a long while. Coupled with today's planned day off because of SUPER BOWL SUNDAY, I will take two days in a row off from work for the first time since who knows when?

A strange feeling it certainly is to take a weekend off from work.

Anyway, I burned 1434 calories in the hour yesterday. Today's hour goal is to burn 1435++++

What a start! I burned 738 calories in the first 30 minutes. And 859 in 35 minutes.Then I am not sure what happen in the last 25 minutes. I totaled a 1429 calorie burn in the hour. Which is phenomenal. Although, I only burned 570 calories in last 25 minutes. It was pretty awesome burning 122.7 calories per five minutes. The pace was blistering I was on pace to burn 1472.57 calories in an hour. However, as much as I prefer to admit it, I was unable to keep that awesome pace. My competitive nature makes me have to ask the question why did I fall off that awesome pace?

So, the question now is..... How did I get on a such an awesome pace to begin with?

Simple attitude and energy. Bingo! That explains why I did get off the pace. My energy sagged - easy fatigue makes cowards out us all. As we know a coward is an individual that lacks courage.

And like dominoes once the energy fades it is very difficult to keep that pace.Especially, when the attitude drops through the fatigue.

Now on less rest we approach Day 1081 and psyched to conquer the day!

We have a sweet sixteen days to go to reach the big three.

No comments:

Post a Comment