Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 1091 I burned 1375 calories in an hour, so what does that mean?

For starters, it means I burned more in today's hour, than I did in yesterday's hour.It also means at 601 in the morning I would not be denied the prize of beating yesterday's total. So, in that sense it means I gained an early victory. Which to a competitive person it makes them feel great.

Since today is a warmer day I am wondering if I could have burned more calories per hour if I wore only two layers instead of three. With this morning's temperature hovering around 35 degrees and forecasted to hit 50, I am contemplating to go with two layers tomorrow.

I finished strong today to get the victory. I needed to burn 197 calories with about 7 minutes left to get to a total burn of 1400 calories in an hour.In order to accomplish that amount one needs to burn 28.14 calories per minute. Should one burn 28.14 calories a minute for 60 minutes they would burn 1688.The most I have burned in an hour on this machine is 1515. I know I am an enthusiastic person but, burning 197 in 7 minutes is quite the effort.

My total burned in the 7 minutes were 172. Which was a 24.57 average of calories burned per minute. Twenty four point fifty seven calories burned for sixty minutes is a total of fourteen hundred and seventy four point twenty nine calories burned in one hour.Had I maintained that pace I would set a personal record.So I can honestly say I was able to put together a fantastic finish to beat yesterday's total.

Ah but, tomorrow ( Day 1092) is a new day and with it comes a clear shot at beating today. Who knows? Maybe I will break my personal highest total for calories burned in an hour on the machine.

The game starts now beat 1376+++...I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment