Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 1079 The Saturdays are mounting

Here we are poised for another Saturday workout and only 16 days from three years. Three years of doing a daily sixty minute cardiovascular workout. That means I get my body to do one thing for sixty consecutive minutes. The dictionary or other sources define a cardiovascular workout as... a way to improve your heart.

Well, what I have been doing everyday for the last 1079 is pretty much that. I have been working on improve my heart muscle. It is now 620 am EST and the gym doors open around 7 am. The weather outside is 10 degrees Fahrenheit. The grounds are cover with snow. The snow is everywhere, we are no different than any ski resort you have ever seen. Our difference lies in the amount of houses there are.

Tomorrow is set to be my first planned day off since January 11TH. Which was Day 1054. Day 1054 was 25 days ago from today. So, at the completion of today I will have worked or planned on working 25 consecutive days. Working that many days is not hard to do when you have a full-time job and a part-time job.
It is time to warm up the car and get 1079 underway.--

1412++++ is the target calories to burn in the hour.....

Blew it UP! Burned 1434 calories in an hour. My pace was electric! Started with a 709 in the first thirty minutes and got stronger as the workout went on! I burned 725 in second thirty minutes.That is an average of 1450 per hour. I just hit my stride and kept it there. There is no better feeling then being in the flow.

Even after I was done I still felt fresh. I stretch and cruised on out of there feeling like I just climbed Mount Everest. Which reminds me how would anyone really feel after climbing Mount Everest? No really how would one feel after climbing one of the tallest peaks in the world. I guess a tremendous feeling of accomplishment. No doubt the journey was incredibly difficult and the individual no doubt had to pay a nasty price for his or her achievement.

So be it. May God bless all of this fifth day of February 20--snow 11.

They called Alaska Seward's Ice Box. After all this snow and ice I am beginning to understand why. We can call where I live now "the ice box."

We look towards Day 1080 and focus in a 1440 to cap off the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment