Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 1073- Getting ready to see if we can beat 1416!

Having a ball here getting excited about the challenge.There is one thing that I can say about working out everyday. It is simple. You just do it! You have anything to think about. You get to the spot where you want to workout and simply do it.

That said, I have narrowed my focus and have my eyes set on doing the workout. To keep it fresh and fun I want to beat yesterday's total calories burned per hour.
Folks, once you are there and the workout starts you are engaged in that activity. Then, the ride begins and whatever competitive juices that you have come out and you see what you have.

A good analogy is what do you get when you squeeze an orange? You get orange juice,right? Question. Why? Answer, because it is an orange. The reason it is an orange is because of the way it is made up. If it was not an orange, orange juice would not come out.

The same holds true for a person and how they are made or created or how they have conditioned themselves. It all starts with the mind and the mind determines the attitude and the attitude creates the character. So when we get squeezed we see what comes out.

The car is warmed on this 20 degree morning. It is around 8 o'clock am- Lets do it!

I wonder if, I did not post the quest of burning 1416 plus calories in an hour I would have been able to burn 1418 calories in an hour on Day 1073. So, on the 1087Th workout in the last 1073 days I burned more calories in an hour than I did the previous day. Also, I did on 24 hours and 25 minutes of rest where as yesterday I burn 1416 calories an hour on 25 hours of rest.

So we won today big time less rest more calories burned that is a sweep.

Does it help in overall performance to post your intentions? Does it give you an extra push? I think it did for me- Check it out in the first five minutes I burned a total of 113 calories; in the first 10 minutes 234; in the first 30 minutes 723; in the first 40 minutes 963;

Time out, right here, I had burned an average of 120.38 calories per five minutes. I was on pace to burn 1440 per hour. All I needed to do to beat yesterday's total of 1416, was to burn 453 calories in the last 20 minutes which would equal an average of burning 113.25 per five minutes.

To be honest at that point I was getting a little worn down. It did not help that I had a huge reminder under me to tell me how hard I had been working out. Either way I persevered and burned 455 more calories to beat yesterday's total.

Victory is sweet, when you compete against yourself.

Day 1074 is now officially known as the promise......I stand at the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment