Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 1051 Make it an even DOZEN!

As the snowed piled up some 8 inches high, I dug myself out to the OPEN gym. I guess after shoveling myself I felt like frosty the snow man and burned 1377 calories in the hour. I had such a strong start today. I burned 936 calories in the first 40 minutes. I was dead on pace to burn 1400 in the hour.

Here is where conditioning comes in. Our body develops a certain threshold and part of that threshold is breathing and constant body movement at a certain speed. Now there is a Ying and a Yang here.The Ying is the flow and Yang is the resistance to the flow. While I was Yinging along and of a sudden I was hit by the Yang. When I realized I had hit the Yang I started to slow down.
Had I been in better condition I would have been able to overcome the resistance.

You see, this is one of the reasons why I love to workout. I now have a new challenge. I need to condition myself to beat back the Yang!

We all wish to go to that next level. We all want something just a little better. So it goes with working out. Another reason why I love it is it is probably one of the few areas of my life where I can honestly say I do not wish it was easier I wish I was better. Can I get an Amen?

Day 1052 shall we do two tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment