Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 1058 We are starting the countdown towards three years!

The third year will be complete on February 23,2011. We are now 37 days away. A little over a month to go. Bearing in mind, I have completed 1072 workouts in this 1058 days. Three years equals 1095 days.

When I take the time to reflect on these 3 or so years I think of where I was the two previous years on these dates.Thursday, January 15, 2009 my notes tell me this......

day 328- w/o 922- good 172 lbs 8 min 3x15x20 lbs
469 then a 453 that's strong had 312 1st 20 610 last 40 that is a consistent run 305 x 2 = 610

I was using the life cycle back then to do my 60 minutes of cardiovascular workout. I was also exercising with weights and working on some abdominal exercises.

Today, I am attempting to burn 1335 calories or more in an hour for eighteenth consecutive try. I say try not days because my consecutive days were interrupted by a monster snow storm that left me with no open gym to go to. They tell us it is the third largest such storm to hit this area since 1888.

So I have to say it is try rather than a day. However, as I said before I did do one hour of riding on the home life cycle and one on the treadmill. I do want to say this about the treadmill that I have. It is of far less quality than any other gym equipment I have ever owed. The reason why I say that is usually when I use treadmills my body takes on a few different pains. My shins generally hurt and maybe my thighs. With the use of this treadmill, my entire body felt racked even my feet were sore.

Ah, so be it another challenge to overcome. Long live the streak!

It is a cold day and there still is globs of snow on the ground I am getting ready to go warm up the car and head to the gym.

Saturday 151 is here. We are on the way to make it eighteen out of eighteen.


EIGHTEEN IT IS!

As we blasted after a 25 and half hour rest. Well done. Burned 1394 calories in an hour! Just missed getting the magical # 1400. Missed by one tenth of one calories per hour. Ouch. It so liberating to just let it go at a great pace. If people only knew. That gym and all the gyms would be so crowded it would be unreal.

There is one concept that always fascinated me. That concept is the growth of a given activity by a massive amount of people.

Think back to when automobiles first came out. Then think when street lights came out. Then televisions. Then personal computers. Then cordless phones. Then cell phones. Then the list goes on and on. Have said man if only I was on the cutting edge. If I was the first to not only try and buy but to have invested in the growth of these daily occurrences.

Folks I have a vision, I can see the day when everyone works out everyday. Where it becomes so obvious that our bodies need to put in motion every day for at least one hour. That there will be such a ground swell of desire in people that they demand to be healthy and live healthy.

What about you are you ready for this revolution that is coming like the automobile and the pc?

I am ready for Day 1059 and Number 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment