Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 1069 We are now at 28 but, where did 1400 go?

With a gallant effort I tried to catch 1400 calories burned in sixty minutes for the fifth consecutive day but, I just could not get it. Sometimes, I look at my max calories in sixty minutes as some game of the day. The game is played and won or lost on hitting the target of calories I burn every 60 minutes.

The focus is all me I create it and deliver it. It is pure entertainment. I get myself to think about what will stretch me that day or week or month. The power is knowing I will be there to play everyday. If showing up is not an option then the focus is setting and hitting the goal.

The neat thing is since I am the one who sets the initial goal. I am also the one who can modify it.
Today, I just was unable to get as loose as I wanted. By getting loose, I am referring to not holding back in attempting to push myself to burn the maximum calories I can in that hour.

My effort was there I just could not sustain a good hard 20 minute push to get to burn that elusive 1400 calories in an hour. Its only 23 and third calories a minute was equals 116 and two thirds calories per every five minutes. Now today I burned 23.03 calories a minute for a total of 1382 calories in an hour. When you consider that is only one fifth of a calorie per minute less than my calorie goal you realize that is a bummer.

However, not to be discouraged, tomorrow we will get back after it and burn well over 1400 calories in an hour- Oh yeah, I feel it!

Ten Seventy- snow or no snow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment