Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 1062 Make it 22! With an outstanding effort

The water tells the story. As it took three mop downs to wipe away the 1360 calorie burn for the hour of 443 am to 543 am on this icy wet sloppy morning in the dead of winter 2011.

As I stood on the pedals of the machine this morning giving it all I had a subtle montage went through my mind. The montage went like this. When I was a little boy I was simply dressed, fed and sent out to play. I played day and night until I was called into supper. Then, I usually went out to play some more. I was the child that loved to run. So I ran everywhere.

As my grammar school days came I was still, dressed, fed and sent out to school. So I ran to and from school. Sometimes even with books in my hand. When I arrived home I was ready go outside and run some more.I would always play some sport be it football or basketball.

This continued for some time until I got my car license. However, then I drove to play football or basketball. The theme I gathered from this montage was that I was happy. I felt carefree and fulfilled mentally, spiritually and physically.

This constant activity of activity last until my responsibilities changed.Then as my daily routine and desires changed I drifted further away from the simple dressed, fed and ready to......run and play attitude almost disappeared.

Then as fate would have it, I realized I was no longer happy in all phases mentally,spiritually and definitely not physically.

This was probably some 14 years ago. It was at that point, I decided to make changes to bring things back to the way it was for me in my earlier days.

And as the Good Lord would have it, I have been trying and making little improvements since.

So that is a serious gut spilling for all to see and ponder. My philosophy is simple, keep moving and challenge yourself to keep moving.

Day 1063 is in my sites, as we go for 23 straight tries. This time lets beat 1360!

No comments:

Post a Comment