Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 756- The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout!

That is a simple story of persistence.

The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout.
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.

Notice how it doesn't say anything about the spider being bummed out or sad about the rain or the bad luck the spider had. Or it doesn't say how hard the spider worked to climb up the spout.
Nope, it just says he went up the spout then the rain came and knock him out. Then the sun came up and he went at it again.

I guess in a nutshell you just do it! Seven hundred and fifty six days and counting. More than the real home run king. I suppose passing whatever that other guy did in number of homers will feel good just because it will be a number to put in the rear view mirror.

For the record I think that number is 762. However, I am not sure. In fact I am going to check right now. How do you like that? I was right. Okay, so seven more and the home run total will be surpassed.

Went on with a ton of energy today. Praise the Lord! Burned 1,468 calories in the hour. Used a machine with good resistance. My abs felt good - Did 1,530 crunches. Hey, I beat the calorie burn total. Awesome! My plank was also strong 4 1/2 songs in which I held the plank position.

According to "freakonomics"http://freakonomicsbook.com/freakonomics/chapter-excerpts/chapter-3/ Life is a tournament. The ones that come out on top get the best prizes.

I wonder what other sports career milestones I am near? How about most colleges coaching wins in NCAA basketball? The record for the most is??? Nine hundred and two. Bobby Knight has 902 next is ? Dean Smith with 879.
Here is a list:
Rank Coach W
1. Bob Knight 902
2. Dean Smith 879
3. Adolph Rupp 876
4. Mike Krzyzewski 833
5. Jim Calhoun 805
6. Eddie Sutton 804
7. Jim Boeheim 799
8. Lefty Driesell 786
9. Lute Olson 781
10. E.A. Diddle 759
Lou Henson 759

Okay, OK, enough we are chasing Lou and Mr Diddle!

Tomorrow we resume are chase!

No comments:

Post a Comment