Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 739- As we do our daily workout I cannot help but wonder, who else is with us?

I seem to have moved my spot in the gym. I used to ride the life cycle way in the back of the building far from the entrance. Now, I am but a 20 feet from the front desk. Over the last month or so I have been able to see most of the people that arrive during that 60 minutes I am doing my cardiovascular workout.

I cannot determine if my position is a help or a hindrance to the members as they file in. I guess it all comes down to their point of reference. If you are of the mindset that you are going to have a great workout then I should be a sign of motivation. Now, the reason I should be a sign of motivation is a if you know me and the streak I am on I will probably raise your confidence.Also, even if you do not know me but, see me there perspiring and working real hard you will say that is where i want to be in a few minutes. On the other side of the coin for those that I uninspire they could have a view point of, oh my gosh that guy is here all the freakin time. Or, you could look at it like, look at that idiot sweating his brains out, for what? And add i am not here to do that! However, reality is most people that come in the gym and are indifferent and really do not care what my or any one's status is.

But I cannot help but wonder, how many other people in the town that I live in workout and have worked out everyday for the last 2 years. the scary thing is there is a finite number.

I had a vision today that would it not be neat if the local TV station came in to the health club and did a special on people who have not missed a day for one year or two years or three years or any number of days or years. that would increase the awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy life style. In do remember in school where we used to have the precedence challenge on fitness and all the kids had to show how often they not only did exercise but what their levels were at and where they stood nationally.

I firmly believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind. A healthy mind does translate into a healthy nation.

So it is this blog this pouring of my daily data which is on day 247 without a break that I wish to launch an awareness program. Let us make each other aware of our accomplishments! Let us start are own presidential challenge on fitness. Old and young alike find something you like, choose it as a cardiovascular workout and do it everyday.

Today was beyond good it was stupendous- burned 1,423 calories in 60 minutes along with maintaining the plank position for 6 and one half songs plus did 1110 crunches. The weather is breaking the calendar is turning opening day in baseball is only 33 days away.

So, dear readers we covered a lot today- Again, workout and be happy and everyone SHOUT-I LOVE TO WORKOUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment