Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 755- And it is great to be alive!

So Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs and called it a career. I just hit the 755Th day I have workout without a break and I by the grace of god am still going strong. I also just completed my 759Th workout in the last 755 days. I feel awesome, my arc trainer calorie burn for 60 minutes was 1,462 and I used the machine that offers less resistance than the machine I used yesterday. Once again I was able to burn more calories in the second 30 minutes than I did in the first 30 minutes. This time I burned 10 more calories in the second 30 minutes. My ab workout was solid. I held the plank for 2 songs and did 1460 crunches.

Our mind plays tricks on us when we get tired. Patton once said,"fatigue makes cowards out of us all."

I once heard the definition of a winner and it went like this: A winner is a person that will stay excited until the job gets done! Great question. What is the depth of your enthusiasm? How long will you stay excited about finishing a job?

These are great powerful questions that get answered everyday. Here is another thought. Do you agree that the quality of the questions we ask our self usually dictate the quality of life we have. One of the better pieces of advice I have ever heard was this; whenever your faced with a challenge ask your why? I do not mean why me? Or aw sucks. I mean, ask I want to overcome this challenge because? Keep asking for the reason until one of your answers hits your "hot button." Then use your "hot button" as a source of motivation to conquer your challenge.

I love to workout for that very reason. The challenge, everyday presents a challenge that I love the opportunity to overcome. My life has been enhanced by this daily challenge and I encourage all to find a challenge that they can overcome on a daily basis. I happen to choose the workout, I encourage all to find their daily workout whatever it may be.

Day 756 - hey, only 44 days to 800!

No comments:

Post a Comment