Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 740- While many talk about it, I just go ahead and do it!

There is a quote about doing and saying . It goes like this.. When all is said and done. A lot more is usually said than done. I sit here and type and recant my thoughts on the workout and the day. My comment time is usually immediately after the workout. However, today I have decided to post some 4 hours after the workout.

I do feel less intense and sensitive to my raw emotions about the workout today. I consider this an excellent time to reflect on my thoughts and emotions. Prior to my home computer going down I was commenting before after the workout. Now, that I have been relegated to my entry coming after the workout my thoughts are some what more narrow in scope.

The message I wish to relay to all people is this. Your body is much more resilient than you can ever imagine. Your body has a tremendous capacity to bounce back after a workout. Your body wants to return to action the following day! Your entire being wants to be back in that frame of mind of the previous day! Your body craves for that pattern of working itself again. The human being is a habit forming organism. Particularly when it is given the opportunity of creating a habit which is good for it.

Lent has taught one thing that equals a workout streak. That lesson has been that once a thought pattern has been broken and another one takes it place it is very difficult to bring that thought pattern back into one's consciousness.

It is indeed strange, I am right now attempting to remember my thought pattern prior to giving up the ice tea I drank prior to lent. Or, if I really want a challenge, what about my thought pattern and attitude towards working out prior to the start of this streak?

Folks, it all comes down to thought patterns. Work on replacing them, before you can ever hope of ridding yourself of a bad habit. I firmly believe there is a train of thought that we all have constructed that drives us to our actions. Work hard on controlling your "train " and you will control your life.

This goes for all your vices. Take the time to identify the debilitating actions. Once you have I identified them get rid of them by cutting out negative patterns of thought. As I have exhausted my thoughts for this day I will quote Billy Joel- I can't tell you more because I told you all ready.

What an awesome workout burned 1,412 calories in 60 minutes. Then held the plank position for 6 long songs. And blasted my stomach muscles by doing 1,200 crunches. Oh, yeah! Here is a game, see if I can equal crunches to calories burned in one hour!

Day 741 - Day 741 -You See? I am developing a thought pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment