Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 754- A stupendous day! Great to be alive

How is everybody doing!!! When you consider how many days that are not like this you praise the days that are like this. On top of all that it is Saint Patrick's Day! So, Happy Saint Patty's Day! The weather has definitely turned and Irish eyes are smiling. Enjoy the festivities of the day and be careful of those that are not careful. Hey, that means you.

My workout was phenomenal. I feel I understand this arc trainer business a little better. Here is the scoop some machines are calibrated differently than others. The biggest difference I found is in the resistance of the stride. For instance, yesterday I did 2 60 minutes workouts one on a machine calibrated with a higher resistance than the other. Now the reason I feel certain about the resistance being higher is because my measured strides per minute on the first machine.For example, I was only able to reach 84 strides per minute for 60 minutes. However, on the other machine I did 92 strides per minute. considering that I had already done 60 minutes on one machine where I burned 1,250 calories in an hour. I was able to burn 1,412 calories in 60 minutes on the other with no rest. Reason? The resistance on the second machine was lower than the first.

So, that is the story with the arc trainer when we talk about calories burned per hour. Today, I used a machine that allowed me to work up to a stride of 92 per minute. So, I was able to burn 1,433 calories in 60 minutes. Interesting to note that I burned 712 calories in the first 30 minutes and increased my calorie burn by 5 in the second thirty minutes. That is not always easy to do. Upon completion of that great workout, my ab exercising was also strong. In my ab workout I did 4 1/2 songs of plank and 1,260 consecutive crunches! Yes, 3 sets of 420!

While I was playing today, I was reminded of a conversation I once had with some people. I had brought up the statement that 99% of all the things we worry about never happen so why worry? Boy, that was met with an opposing view. The opposing view was negative , obviously. However, the reason why I thought of it today was because I was pondering another thought while I was playing today. That thought was ; there is only 2 things we can control and they are our attitude and our activity. That means we should not worry about the rest. It also means do not worry about things you cannot control.
See, that is what I could have said during that conversation- don't worry about things you cannot control! -Hey, do me a favor, let that sink in. How many things do you worry about that you cannot control. The flip side of that is how many things do you have control of that you do not do anything about? That is scary. Now, we are getting close to the hot stove.

Anyway, enjoy the glory that is in the day! Get done what you want and don't worry about things you can't control.

Remember, in the large scheme of things we are only here for a flicker of time!

Tomorrow we tie Hank!

No comments:

Post a Comment